Monday, April 12, 2010


Ugh.. spring has hit.. the pollen has hit... and now i have a scratchy throat. My sister came down with something about 4 days ago.. and now i think i might have it. Def not one of my favorite things in life.. but even a good life has its bumps in the road. yeah. i just hit a bump.

Went the the music store today.. i teach piano, so i had to pick up some music for my students. I'm telling you i could spend all day there. I play the piano but I'm really anxious to learn the drums, as well as the guitar. my parents say i should do guitar first.. and they are probably right.. but i wanna do the drums really REALLY badly. We'll see.. i don't even know what kind of guitar to get.. ugh. this means research. wish me luck =]

5 comments:

  1. Its so cool that you teach piano! I'm going to take either Piano or Violin.I can't pick! I think you should try drums, my dad plays drums. He says its easy once you get the hang of it. I tryed it harder than it looks! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really neat that you teach piano. I'm gonna learn the violin and the guitar soon. My friend plays the drums and she says its not as easy as it seams. But its really fun and i think you should also try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor,
    I play the guitar and the strings hurt you fingers at first but you get used to it, and eventually, the tips of your fingers get hard and doesn't hurt anymore. My recomendation to which guitar you choose is an electric guitar. Yet it's more money than an acustic and if you want to become louder, you need an applifier. And it's (in my opinion)way easier to get your arm around to strum than an acustic. Electric is heavier than acustic, but I still recomend electric for beginners since you wouldn't be used to the bulkiness of an acustic yet. I still use electric, even, so that's how hard it is!

    There's an opinion from a guitarist :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor,
    I Know That One Girl Said That Electric Is Better But In My Oppinion I Think Acustic Would Be Better! I Think It Sounds More Real. I Mean Don't Get Me Wrong I Think Electric Is Nice But I Think Acustic Sounds More Nicer Haha... And Btw If You Are Going To Join Your School To Learn The Drums, Then I Would Suggest To Ask If They Only Start You On The Snare Drum First, And Then After A Couple Of Years The Let You Use The Whole Set. That Is How It Is At My School. I Thought That We Would Start And Be Able To Use The Set. Sadly We Only Started On The Snare Drum And In My Oppinion Its Too Easy Depending On What Your Doing But Most Stuff Is Easy. Okay Well Thanks For Reading! =]
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i dont know if you know me but our parents know each other i just wanted to say i think its awesome what you are doing :)

    ReplyDelete